Trust Dr ST3+ Respiratory
Specialty Trainee MN37
- General Medicine
- Specialty Trainee MN37
- Full time - 40 hours per week (As per rota with 1B Banding)
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
- £33,790 - £53,132 £33,790 - £53132
- 30/09/2022 23:59
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is situated on the west coast of Lancashire, with services covering the local authority areas of Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre. The Trust is part of the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System (ICS) supporting a population of around 1.6 million people.
We have three main hospitals providing acute services to around 330,000 local residents. The organisation also provides specialist tertiary care for cardiac and haematology services, delivers community health services to over 445,000 residents including those in North Lancashire and hosts the National Artificial Eye Service across England. Plus, we provide urgent and emergency care services to an estimated 18 million people who visit the seaside resort each year. We employ over 7000 people from 68 different countries.
We welcome and encourage application from anyone with protected characteristics, as well as supporting reservists and Veterans who are looking for a rewarding and challenging career within the NHS.
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals encourages flexible working in all our roles to support staff in maintaining healthy home-life balance. Working patterns such as: part time working, self-rostering, compressed hours, annualised hours, term time, reverse term time and flexitime working can be explored.
We are inviting applications for a Trust doctor at ST3 and above to join our team. Applicants will be supported as either staff grades or working towards a training post. There may also be opportunity to participate in a General Medicine On-Call rota which will attract a 1 B banding.
With a proven track record for supporting Trust doctors to be successful in accessing recognised training programmes, we can offer consultant led education and supervision with access to training programmes, clinical assessments, appraisals and the Royal Colleges of Physicians e-portfolio. Community On-call opportunities are available dependant on the successful candidates clinical and NHS experience.
The successful applicant will be expected to have significant experience in the Specialty and be registered and licensed with the General Medical Council.
Main duties of the job
This is not an approved training position; however you will receive the following;
- Named educational supervisor
- Induction and bespoke new starter induction pack outlining internal training courses/opportunities available to doctors in these non-approved training positions
- Individual training plan
- NHS e-portfolio (Division will fund but needs to be in contract that it will be recovered if leave before agreed end of contract)
- Appraisal at 6 months and individual access to e-appraisal system
- Support towards obtaining Alternative Certificate confirming achievement of foundation competencies to aid those who want to access a recognised training position in the future
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust would like to appoint a ST3+ Doctor in Respiratory e to help develop our expanding service.
Working for our organisation
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated just a forty five minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 440,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre and North Lancashire, as well as specialist tertiary care for Cardiac and Haematology patients.
As one of the United Kingdom’s largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents – it’s not just a good place to work; it’s a great place to live. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please ensure you read the Job description and Person Specification attached to the advert in full before applying.
- Primary medical qualification
- Full GMC Registration
- MRCP Part I or Part II
- At least to CMT level with evidence of appropriate practical procedures
- Log Book Summary
- Shall have completed at least 4 years’ full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least 2 of which will be in a Specialty training programme in a relevant specialty or as a fixed term specialty trainee in a relevant specialty; or shall have equivalent experience or competencies.
Research/ audit/ publications
- Evidence of clinical presentation, understands the need for and appreciates the role of audit in clinical practice.
- Participation in audit and research
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the speciality
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Possess good organisational skills
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Shah Qazi
- Job title
- Interim DD
- Email address